RANGER R-980 AT/ATF Tire Changers
Specializing in car & truck lifts, brake lathes, pipe benders, tire changers, and wheel balancers, and much more! ARESCO, Inc. is the
source for all of your automotive equipment needs. We carry a full line of equipment and replacement parts for most makes and models.
With over 25 years of experience in the automotive industry, we at ARESCO are committed to providing our customers with quality
products and service.
Designed to Perform and Built to Last
The Ranger NextGen™ series R980AT and R980ATF, a
variable high speed model, perform masterfully on a wide
variety of wheels, including virtually all OEM configurations
and performance tire and wheel configurations. The R980AT
features the latest in design and wheel service technology
and provides the best value and performance in its class.
The R980AT tire changer is easy to operate, rugged, and
equipped with a power assist tower to help when mounting
low-profile performance tires. The powerful motor and gear
box works systematically at a controlled speed for easy tire
removal and installation. Ergonomic controls are sensibly
placed to minimize excessive reaching, walking, or bending
resulting in more jobs per day and increased profits. Large,
storage trays provide ample space for weights, tools and
• A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tire removal and installation.
Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tire damage.
• Traveling Drop-Center Top-Mount Helper / Swing-In Bottom Helper Disc – A powerful pneumatic drop-center tool dramatically reduces
the effort required to change tough-sidewall tires. Workers can concentrate on working safer and more efficiently. Holds run-flat and
low-profile sidewalls in the drop-center then follows the bead around as the tire mounts. A “swing-in” bottom disc can be used to
re-loosen stubborn bottom beads or provide lift and support for wide or heavy tires.
• Improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality
ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames.
• The R980ATF model features true variable speed control allowing operators to match turntable rotational speed with varied tire and
wheel combinations. R980ATF requires 208-240V, 50/60HZ, 1-phase power supply.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life
operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to recue wear on
seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightning fast bead-breaker
speeds in both directions.
• A 100% stainless-steel bead-breaker cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air
source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity, a large,
dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger
variety of tire and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of
dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize
wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that
glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• In addition to the standard alloy-steel mount and demount head we also include a rugged polymer mount/demount head with adapter
that protects fragile tires and rims from metal-to-metal contact damage.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum.
High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the
highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct
any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes
into the release position.
• Durable, hardened steel, adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels from 9” up to 30” and feature internal and
external multi-teeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during
mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tire centers. Snap
action sp¬ring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Gen™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for
exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
• Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system that blasts a powerful air burst between the tire and
rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on
the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tire and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger
than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation
and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free
venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision
helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector
kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate
• We throw in a hardened steel tire iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tire mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and
contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly
FEATURES / SPECIFICATIONS MODEL R980AT / R980ATF
Type of Drive System Electric / Air
Motor R980AT -2 HP (110/208-240V, 50-60 HZ)
R980ATF -Variable Speed Drive
2 HP (208-240V, 50-60 HZ, 1-Phase Only)
Air Requirement 140-165 PSI (10-11 BAR)
Wheel Clamping Method 4 Clamps - Internal / External
Table Clamping System Dual Pneumatic Cylinders
Bead Breaking System Pneumatic Blade / Dual Settings
Power Assist Towers Single Assist Tower
Tool Holder Manual Lock
Inflation Gauge With Integrated Air Dump Valve Standard
Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter Standard
Water Filter Standard
Oiler / Lubricator Standard
Air Regulator Standard
Breaker Bar Standard
Large Soap / Lubricator Bucket Standard
Tower Design Rigid Fixed / Swing Arm
Bead Lifting Roller(s) Single Lifting Roller
Alloy-Steel Mount/Demount Head Standard
Plastic-Polymer Mount/Demount Head Standard
Upper Bead Assist Roller Standard
Traveling Drop-Center Hold Down Device Standard
Inflation Restraint Device Standard
Bead Seating System Turbo Blast / Bead Seating
Tool Tray / Bin Storage Standard
Motorcycle Turntable Clamps Optional
Internal Rim Clamping Capacity 10" – 30” ( 254 mm - 762 mm)
External Rim Clamping Capacity 9" – 28" (229 mm - 711 mm)
Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting) 4" – 18" (102 mm – 457 mm)
Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting) 1.5" – 16" (38 mm – 406 mm)
Maximum Tire Diameter 50" (1270 mm)
Shipping Weight 800 lbs. (363 Kg) / 809 lbs. (367 Kg)
Copyright©2014 www.aresco.org all rights reserved web design by M.Miller
22150 West Eight Mile Rd. Southfield MI. 48033